Thursday, November 27, 2008

85 8/26/1946 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
Box 281, Sparta Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee
Monday, August 26, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I'll write a note while Elmer is reading to Mary and Jimmie. Mary sure is a sorry sight after her fall. The one side of her face is all cut up and her eye is black and puffed up so big, although she can open her eye a little now. Elmer thinks we should have had stitches put in the deepest cut but I'm sure any scar will go away and besides I would hate to have her hurt more by a doctor.
Your letter came today telling about your nice new pickup. I'll bet it runs swell. It sounds like you folks had a lot of fun driving into see Glad. It must have been hard to get up the next morning.
Our nights have turned so chilly I had to take a blanket out of the moth balls. I took out my chenille robe too and have it on now but it's still too warm for it.
Do you hear much about the Ku Klux Klan out there. There are quite a few here. It's too bad they aren't against Northerners so we would get chased out of here.
[Mom stopped writing because of her cold and included this with her next letter]

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading