Saturday, October 25, 2008

299 1/7/1937 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, January 07, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
While I'm waiting for Elmer to come I'll start a letter to you. Jimmie, remember that watch we gave you once and you wound it too tight and it wouldn't run any more? Well, I ran across it the other day so I'm going to get it fixed and send it to you. It's a nice-looking watch and might just as well be worn.
It's only five below now but still plenty cold. The wind has come up now and that always makes it seem colder.
I'm glad it's been cold enough there to get in some skating and skiing. It's too bad you fell down, mother, when you tried the skating out. Skating is good exercise.
Glad has gone over to Dr. Jensen's and Cully is going to bring her home.
Later - I just got home and thought I would add some more to this as it can be mailed in the morning. Elmer and I were going to go to a show but didn't see anything that looked good so went down to the Candy Bar with Jim and Zora.
Elmer wrote a letter to Stella yesterday but hasn't mailed it so has promised to tomorrow. He got your Christmas greetings. I was glad you sent him one.
Well it's after 12 so I guess I better stop. We have to work all day Saturday but I feel so good about my raise that I don't even care.
With Love, Helen
P.S. I have the watch right by my purse so I won't forget to take it with me in the morning. As soon as it's fixed I'll send it.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading