Wednesday, October 29, 2008

403 8/27/1939 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
2928 E. 22nd St., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sunday, August 27, 1939
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,

Today is Sunday and I got up early for a change. It's just a swell day out and I washed out all my underwear and hung it outside. Mabel is canning pickles. I washed the cucumbers and Mabel and Charlie packed them. Mable made six jars for Gladys. Say Mother, do you suppose you could send a jar of cherries back with Glad, if they haven't left yet? Mable just loves them.

I don't think I told you how last Sunday when Elmer and I went to the show in St. Paul, he drove past our St. Paul house. It's the nicest looking house around there. The Sun room is all covered with vines. Elmer said maybe his dad built that house because he built a lot of them over there. His father knows Bectile's (Frances Woodfill's husband) father.

I bet Bernice is darling. Does she still kiss people the same way as she kissed me?

I'm mad at Elmer today so I don't know if I'll see him or not. It seems like I've been up for hours and it is only 11:30. If I don't see Elmer today I'm going out with Mabel and Charlie. I wrote to Frances Woodfill the other day but haven't mailed it yet. I'll mail it when I mail your letter today. Today would be a perfect day to go up to Sunrise.

Well I'll stop now and will write again tomorrow.

With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading