Saturday, November 1, 2008

399 12/9/1939 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Saturday, December 09, 1939
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

My dear Helen,
This will be just a hurried note for I want to get it out on the morning mail.
I have neglected you all the week but am staying home tonight so will write you a letter. We got one from you yesterday.
Wednesday Stella and I went to Tacoma to shop. Yesterday we were at Mrs. Swain's for lunch. She had Peggy and Mrs. Radcliffe too. Tonight was the Scout play. It was good and Jim did his part well too. Tonight he goes into Seattle with the basketball team and expects to play.
Just seems as though there are so many things doing all the time. I must stay home soon and get some Christmas greetings written.
Does General Mills put out a book on correct table setting? If they do I'd like one. Let me know what it costs. Jist seems as though I recall seeing their ad some time ago. Styles change and I think it would be good to have something like that to read over.
I must hurry to town now. Today is a lovely day. We have study club this afternoon so I am going to learn how to make Christmas decorations.
Has the baby there a little curved-handle spoon? I bought one. If she has one I will get her something else. Let me know when you write.
Much love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading