Thursday, October 23, 2008

278 10/10/1936 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Saturday, October 10, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
I've neglected you terribly these last few days but I really have been busy too.
Della has stayed home for the last three days with a cold. This is our rush time of the month so I've been almost crazy trying to keep up with the work.
Thursday Mable and I had dinner out to Mrs. Sundby. It was a grand dinner too but I didn't get a chance to talk business over with her. Friday (last night) I went to a shower on Evelyn Athelstan from work. She got beautiful gifts for her kitchen. I didn't get home until 1 o'clock.
Today is the game. I'm so excited. It is rather cold - 38ยบ but the sun is out so it should be a nice day.
I'm hoping the office will close early like it did last year for the games.
Cully and I plan to go on a picnic with Clara and Vernie tomorrow. Driving is so beautiful now. I just wish you could see the leaves. They are more pretty than ever. We might drive down to Red Wing. I hope it is a nice day.
Helen should be in tonight. I'll go down to the station to meet her. In her last letter she said she knew now she would miss the folks more than ever and I know she will too. Maybe we'll both be out someday to live.
Time for breakfast so I'll close and mail this Air-Mail as soon as I get to work.
Love, Gladys
How about the furniture.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading