Monday, October 20, 2008

743 1/17/1921 Louisa Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Louisa Erwin
Waseca, Minnesota
Monday, January 17, 1921
Sadie Erwin
2221 Selby Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota

Dear Sadie, Albert and Children,
Hoping that you are all well this year and I thank the girls ever so much for the good stockings they sent me. That was just what I needed more than anything else. I got a number of xmas cards and a box of writing paper and 5 handkerchiefs and one bath towel. So you see that I fared pretty well and I was at Zimmerman's at xmas. I was there 4 weeks and I came home and saw the girls for one evening and then I went to the other Zimmerman's and stayed 1 1/2 weeks and today I came home again.
Annie is here now. She has been back to Rochester for x-ray treatment. She is very much better. She had 2 tumors, ovaries and ___ taken out. It is a very busy place there at Rochester. They sure look people over pretty well to find out where the trouble is.
I am feeling pretty good. I may not be able to do the work I did 20 years ago, but I am alright now.
I had a letter from Mrs. Foster. She asked if I could come and stay with her aunt a month beginning the middle of April, but I have a place for the 1st of May so I guess I won't come to Minneapolis this time. She said that the Bloombergs have not been in very good health this winter.
Ruth went back to Aunt Orilla. They had a runaway and had a shakeup but no bones broken, but they thought that they needed Ruth for a while. I guess Mary is feeling all right. I will go to her in a day or 2.
I am with Carl and Hilda and they said that I should greet you from them and from Anna too. We had a snow storm here yesterday. 20 below this morning and it looks like more snow.
Love to you all from Mother Louisa Erwin.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading