Thursday, November 27, 2008

778 10/11/1946 Albert Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Friday, October 11, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Alexandria, Ohio

Dear Sadie,
I hope that you had a nice trip and that you are not too tired and that you find Ben much better.
Jim and I had breakfast together this morning. He then went to Auburn and picked up the milk and delivered one case to Howard Mills and then went to Seattle and got a good load. He didn’t get any syrup or shortening, but got a case of toilet paper, 6 jars of honey and 4 pails of same.
Our sales today were $144. We had two cans of chile con carne and a can of chile beans for supper.
I car kicked Dr. Rose on the leg today, so he came in about 8:30 pm to get Jim to drive him to Buckley after we closed. I came home about that time and built the fires so it is nice and warm here but cold outside.
I took a little nap before I could finish checking up but feel fine now, but will get to bed soon, as it is just about eleven now.
I am enclosing a letter received from Helen.
Did you adopt any of the young G. I.’s in your car.
Milk will go up again Monday so we will have to mark them 15¢ and 8¢.
I’ve marked the pink salmon 27¢. I will have to bag ___ and cookies tomorrow morning.
I was going to stop but didn’t.
Please greet all the folks for me.
Mrs. Luebe hurried right over to see what we had for her.
Well this will have to be all for tonight so I will close with lots of love.
Albert
P.S. Things certainly don’t seem the same without you but I want you to get good and rested. AJE

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading