Tuesday, November 4, 2008

725 3/22/1942 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
Box 582 Newburyport, Massachusetts
Sunday, March 22, 1942
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
We just came home from the show a few minutes ago and I fixed a lunch and we’re going to bed before very long. First I have to remember to sew the pocket to Elmer’s britches because there is a hole in it.
Elmer is going to be an air raid warden for Plum Island too and he and George will have to go to meetings every Wednesday night but they don’t last very long. Thursday night we are going to have a blackout so I’m going over to Ducret’s. The two oldest Ducret boys have the measles. All the kids around here have them but they aren’t sick at all.
When we were going to the show tonight we stopped and got a hotdog at a stand that is opened here on the Island. The man that runs it said he lost about twenty-five dollars today because it was windy out and people don’t come down when it is windy.
I didn’t go to the doctor after all Saturday because we just didn’t get out of here in time so I plan to go tomorrow now. I’m getting my permanent tomorrow morning.
Did you notice the picture on the cover of the last Sat. Evening Post. It shows a little boy going through his sister’s drawers, reading her letters and diary. I thought the look on his face was so funny.
I have to wash out a pair of stockings and fix Elmer’s pants so had better stop but I’ll write a better letter tomorrow so goodnight Folks.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading