Wednesday, October 22, 2008

764 6/28/1929 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Friday, June 28, 1929
Albert Erwin
2206 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Albert,
This is a letter head that Gladys had started then did not use, so I will.
Alma and Jean came to see me tonight. Alma told me that last night when Zelda came down last night she told her mother that she had postponed her wedding for a month.
I went downtown with Gladys this morning. Mr. Swain was in the store. So I sent her home after the note. He said sure and was very lovely about it. Said he was going over to the bank so would take it over for me. That is that much less to think about.
Your welcome letter of Tuesday night came. There will not be many more letters to write now. Two weeks more and you will be rolling west.
I cleaned Helen’s room out today and started packing things away. I feel perfectly right about leaving the things here so I guess it must be the right thing to do. I like to think we will be coming west again to stay.
Mrs. Denney and Jean have both places. Jean does not …
[end of letter]

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading