Saturday, October 25, 2008

745 6/26/1937 Louisa Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Louisa Erwin
Waseca, Minnesota
Saturday, June 26, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Sadie, Albert, Stella and Jimmie,
Hoping this will find you all well, and forget the long time you have been waiting for this. I got your letter all right and I thank you for it. I have not spent it yet. I think I will try to get a summer dress when I go to town. I have not been writing for a month. We have been busy and we have had so many rainy days when we could not work and then it was so dark I could not see to write. It is nice today.
Hilfred and family are home for a week. Mr. hasn't any vacation. She helps with some house cleaning that we cannot do ourselves.
Clarence has had the house painted on the outside and storm windows and screens so we had 2 men most of the time for 2 weeks. We gave them dinner and lunch and Clarence has to have a man sometimes to help with hay and the weeds grow very fast in the garden so we manage to keep busy.
Mr. D. keeps about the same. Some days he feels poorly and thinks that he is going to die and then he will feel better. I am keeping well all the time and Emma is the same as she has been. She keeps going as long as she can and then she lays down a few minutes and then she goes again. Her feet and legs ache most of the time more or less.
We expect Esther from Detroit, Michigan and Alice from Oklahoma about the middle of July just for a short time.
I heard from Ruth and Mary last week. Marian, Vince and Jim are out working over vacation. They are all well. That is all I can think of this time.
Greetings from all.
With love, Mother Erwin.
P.S.
Clarence just took us out for a ride. We went down to Ryden's. They were not at home. Then he went to St. Peter and got a quart of ice cream. Then home to eat it. This has been a nice day but the clouds are beginning to come. L.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading