Sunday, November 30, 2008

150 2/25/1948 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Wednesday, February 25, 1948
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Eden had me over for lunch today and I just got home. Elmer works tonight so I don't have to hurry and get something to eat. I took Mary with me and Jimmy went over to Nellie's when he came from school. Tomorrow morning I am going to take care of Karen while Nellie goes down town so that works out swell.
Sunday the kids started Sunday school. I think it's Second Church. It is the one on Summit. And just think, Rose Winter is Mary's teacher. Rose said Mary was awfully good and both Mary and Jimmy just love Sunday school. They both know the Lord's Prayer so were quite excited when they said it in Sunday school. They have a Sunday school lesson to learn for next Sunday. I went to church and enjoyed it very much. It is a lovely big church, as you know and it was packed. There were twelve ushers. Rose looked very nice. When we first saw each other we both just said hello or good morning and that was all and a second later we both realized who the other one was. Rose's mother is failing and is in bed a good deal but still is able to get up and cook a little. For registering the children in Sunday school they asked if they had ever been baptized and if you folks were Scientist and if I had the Bible and Science and Health in my home. Oh yes they have a nursery class for the real young children.
The bedroom slippers came today. Gosh I wasn't waiting to get them back before I sent some others but it slipped my mind. I'm glad you told me the right size. Mary and Jimmy thought the suckers were wonderful. I have never seen any like it. They are still sucking on them. They love balloons so were very happy in getting the things. Thanks very, very much.
Dolores and Bob were over Friday night. Dolores told me Mr. Carlson is planning to sell his house and move in with us until he gets his new one which will be in a year or so. Elmer said if that is true he will just tell his father to take our house and we will leave. Elmer has the first coat of paint on the living and dining rooms and will get the second and last coat on this week and it is going to look awfully nice.
My typewriter cost 20 dollars to be repaired and it still doesn't work just right. I should take it back but use it too much. I got so behind in my work at home that I'm not going to type any more this week.
Mother I'm sending you a couple pair of stockings I wore one time but I don't like them as long as they are and you do. I bought them to save on my good pair so you might like them to wear at the store. I bought some other ones yesterday that are a shorter length. More later folks and thanks for the package.
Tell Sandy and Bernice that by rubbing their balloons up and down on the wall a few times they will just stick to the wall.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading