Friday, November 28, 2008

779 10/12/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Mandan, North Dakota
Saturday, October 12, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert and Jim,
We are in the land of cold and snow today. Had a good sleep last night – feel fine. I like Washington’s climate better the further I go. There are some very nice people on the train. A lady across from me is from Bremerton and is going to Pittsburgh. I still have the whole seat to myself. The train is not crowded. There were several berths both nights not used.
We are just leaving Bismarck now. I think I’ll mail this in Minneapolis tonight. It should be there quicker by air than if I mailed it from some time on the way.
I have written a lot of cards yesterday and today. Yesterday could not find my airmail stamps but have them now.
Hope you boys are getting along alright. Think about you a lot. Wish I could have baked more cookies, rice and raisins for you. Leave all you can until I get back.
Be sure to pay the water bills by the 15th. That is the only place they charge you extra if the bills are not paid on time.
I read my lesson through yesterday and will read it now.
My red cover address book is in a box on the low shelf of the radio stand. Please find Rose Winter’s or Jessie Dickinson’s address for me. I might want to see them if I should stop in Minneapolis on my way home.
It is hard to write on the train.
Love to you both, Mother.
P.S. Jim, give me Bernice’s address. I will go through Bismarck in the early evening when I go home. She might come to the depot. We stopped there about ten minutes.
Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading