Wednesday, October 29, 2008

402 8/23/1939 Helen Erwin to Gladys Dahlstrom

Helen Erwin
2928 E. 22nd St., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Wednesday, August 23, 1939
Gladys Dahlstrom
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Glad,

I'm at the Beauty shop now and thought this would be a good time to write to you. You write such nice letters and I am always glad to hear from you. This will probably be the last letter I'll write to you out there. I sure will be glad to see you.

Mabel and Charlie got back from their vacation and had a good time. Mable doesn't feel very good. She is still working though. She knows that you know about her. When you see her don't laugh about it because she feels bad and everyone she tells, they laugh.

I wish I had your letter here with me to go over but it is at home.

Bob Bourgherais and family came to Mpls. on his vacation. He was down to the office today and looks just swell.

Selma and Al are moving in a house the first of Sept. Selma has been busy picking out furniture. She is mad about the way she is too, but there is nothing to do about it. Al told his folks the other day he was married and all they said was they didn't believe it.

I'm going to meet Betty Martin tomorrow night and we are going to a show. Bill mailed her bank book to her and a very snotty letter. Remember you don't know anything about that either. Its funny but I can't help but kind of like Bill even if I wouldn't trust him behind my back.

We'll have a lot to talk about when you get here. Drop me a card when you think you will be getting to Mpls.

I hope you kids have a real swell trip back. I know you will though.

With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading