Saturday, October 25, 2008

768 4/16/1937 Albert Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Friday, April 16, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1912 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minn.

Dear Sadie,
I hope that some of my two letters have arrived at the apartment by this time. Jim and I are getting along ok. I have been after him to write but he has been too busy. He doesn’t get away from school until nearly six o’clock then he waits for me. He expects to work for Cliff next Saturday. I hope that he does.
Vaughn is trying to get money to buy a store in Puyallup. I guess that he has to raise about $1500 but is having a hard time to do so. The bank here won’t handle it. He is down to Puyallup today trying to interest the bank down there. Carl, of course, thinks that it is a bum move. The store is run down now and he will have so much interest to pay while he is building up trade.
We haven’t had so much rain today but it has been snowing hard up in the hills. About 7 feet of new snow at Tipsoe in the last 10 days. Everything is nice and green around here. The cherry tree is all white now. The pear tree is coming along but no blossoms yet. Mucklinski’s peach trees are in bloom. They look swell.
Mr. Whitcomb has leased his barber shop to Mr. Love and is going back to the carpenter trade. Jim’s barber is in Shaw’s shop.
Mrs. Thurston will feel bad when she hears that you have been back to Minneapolis while she has been away.
It’s cold here today on account of the new snow back in the hills. We have your fur coat over us nights.
Frank W. must find it nice to be working on the day shift.
I don’t think that you have mentioned seeing Elmer.
Jim was sore when he read your letter saying Bushes planned on our going with them in 1939.
I guess that Hess is through as a big business man for a while. I heard today that John Pashick is going to move his store from down by Collins Motor Co. up to the Hess corner. That’s a dandy corner for a store. John charges plenty for all his things so he won’t hurt Cliff very much.
Well I guess my tea water is hot so I will eat my lunch and then close and send this letter airmail same as the others. You may get one before you leave.
Well I have had two cups of tea, some liver sausage on toast and a doughnut and it is 1:30 pm so I had better get to work.
Have a good time at all the places you visit and if you don’t hear from us you can still figure that we are behaving ourselves and will be right here at 1120 waiting for you to return.
Love to you all,
Pop & Jim
We have had the wettest April for many years.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading