Thursday, November 27, 2008

72 6/9/1946 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
Box 281, Sparta Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee
Sunday, June 09, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
We've been having some real hot summer weather but it feels good. This afternoon we went for a long ride. We practically got lost on some side road we took in the woods and it reminded me of our rides we used to take out there. We just got home a few minutes ago. Jimmie is over at Jackson's and Mary is out here playing in the sand. I'm sitting on the porch writing so have to hold the paper on my knee.
I got your nice long letter Saturday. I think it is wonderful the way the store is going along. I think bread will have to be rationed too because it is so hard to get. The ham I ordered still hasn't come. They expected it last Friday but I'll send it when it does come because I think it will keep even though the weather is hot now.
Jimmie wants to know if you sell ice cream cones at the store. I told him I knew you sold ice cream but didn't know about the cones.
Babe and Gerry's two children must be getting pretty big now. Glad and Cully will love their new place. I sure wish we could get settled out there.
You pay a lot for country butter. It is 50 cents a pound here.
I was surprised to hear about Mrs. Zilliax getting married again.
Did you have new rings put in the car. That's just exactly how ours acted. We had to fill it up with oil every time we stopped for gas.
I haven't heard how Jeanette is recently but about a month ago Dorothy said she had been awfully sick and they were so worried about her but she was feeling better.
Maybe I'll have more to write about next time Folks but will stop for now. I have a package ready to mail to you tomorrow.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading