Saturday, November 29, 2008

117 8/16/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Saturday, August 16, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
It is almost time to fix some lunch but I will write a few lines to you first. Your letter came yesterday and I'm sorry you were sick again, Mother. You folks have to work too hard. I wish you could have more help. I am so glad Nell is going to have a shower for Ruth. She doesn't have much longer to wait now. I'll be so anxious to hear when the baby arrives. Does Jim have a house in mind that he wants to buy? It would be swell if they could buy one. Our house looks encouragingly now. Art is working out there today and the brick layers are going to start in Monday. The plumber thinks he can come right away now and we have a plasterer. The upstairs room won't be completely finished right now but I can use it as we are having it insulated, heated and lights up there. It still won't have the wall board on as that is still hard to get and it will have just the rough flooring, but Elmer's mother has an old living room rug I can put up there. At least the room can be used. Now when I have company we can have that room for an extra bedroom. Instead of buying a davenport I'm going to get a studio couch so I'll have still more sleeping space, so the Erwins, Bensons and Dahlstroms had better get back here for a visit.
I'm sure the Dahlstroms had a wonderful time out there. That salmon trip would certainly be exciting. I haven't heard from the girls yet about it.
We are planning on having the unfinished floors in the living room and dining room and carpeting over it. That will look nice I think. The tile in the bathroom can always be put on anytime. Elmer can do that himself. We are having extra heat ducts in the recreation room so it will be nice down there. The kids will like that big basement to play in. I just read my letter over and noticed how I keep going back about the new house.
Well Folks I had better stop now. Did Glad give Ruth her bassinet and other baby things?
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading