Monday, August 10, 2009

3/9/1951 Sadie Erwin, Enumclaw to Mary Carlson, Minneapolis

Dear Mary - Thanks for your nice letter and Valentine. While I was in Seattle I was kept so busy did not find time to write you a letter.

You should see all our snow. The sun is out now. The weather is not at all cold. We know it won't last long, meaning the snow.

Our trees are just full of robins. They have eaten all the red berries from my bushes. Our school is closing at 1 P.M. today so the school buses can get the county children home before dark. I called Aunt Gladys this morning. The Bellevue schools are closed today too.

I know you have lots of snow there, also cold weather. Little Gary loves the snow. He has his mother out making snow men for him. The snow is so wet it is easy to do.

I must get ready to go down to the bank.

Good-bye now.

Love to you all,
Grandma.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading