Friday, November 28, 2008

88 2/9/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Sunday, February 09, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I'll write a few lines now to let you know we arrived here. I should have written before this but have been so busy. I believe I will leave here about the 23rd on that new fast train. That will take me into Seattle but maybe Glad could meet me. Anyway I will make my reservations tomorrow. I have called about the new train and it costs a little more but will certainly be worth it to cut the time down so much.
I have called a lot of friends but not nearly all of them. I am pretty well booked up for the next two weeks. It is nice to know a lot of people.
Mrs. Carlson seems to be very well and we can leave the kids with her when we go out but we always get them into bed first and wait until they are asleep.
Elmer's sisters' children are over here a lot and Jimmy and Mary think it is wonderful having someone to play with.
I'll see you soon folks and more later.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading