Monday, October 27, 2008

344 10/17/1938 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
1912 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minn.
Monday, October 17, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I didn’t get a letter written over the weekend so quite a few days must have gone by since you have gotten a letter. Saturday Gladys picked me up at work and we went over to see Mabel Bray. Mabel wants me to move in over there but I still would rather move with Eden and Wally. I think I will try it out living out there anyway.
Sunday us kids went on a wiener roast and in the evening we went to a show.
I got a card from Aunt Mary today. Gladys and I are planning on driving up there this Sunday.
Jimmie wrote me such a nice letter. I’m glad he likes Vivian because she is a nice girl. Has Jim given Stella and Harold the radio to use. After thinking it over I’m sure Pop’s shirt will be too small. Especially the collar size. If it is send it back and I can easily return it and I would like Pop to have the right size.
I’m going to try and send my letters by train soon too mother. I don’t know just how far Eden and Wally’s house is from the Falls (but not far). We will take the 28th Ave. So. North Emerson. Going out from town it goes down 4th Ave. and turns on Franklin then it goes to 28th Ave. and goes down 28th Ave.
Did you folks have a nice time in Yakima? I brought the coupons for Jean’s silverware down to work but keep on forgetting her address. Last night I looked in my drawer where I was sure I had put it but couldn’t find it. I will look again tonight, but mother, maybe you had better send it again so I can get the silverware right away. She will get 3 pieces.
I didn’t get your letter finished last night because I couldn’t keep awake. Tonight I will write again.
With Love, Helen
I will send the pictures this week too.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading