Wednesday, October 29, 2008

378 1/9/1939 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Monday, January 09, 1939
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

My dear Girls,
You are due for another carbon letter.
Bernice has not been feeling good for several days. Today Mrs. Jacobs came in and took care of her at Stella’s. I had to go to a luncheon at Mrs. Silknitter’s for some of the officers and committee members. Tonight I brought the baby home and am going to keep her all night as Stella has not slept for several nights on account of her.
She told me I could suit myself and call Mrs. Smith if I wanted to so I did when she and Harold left. She seems better already. I feel sure the morning will find her much improved if not entirely over her cold.
Saturday there was a very good show here in town, “You Can’t Take It With You.”
Bernice is sleeping now. The first restful sleep she has had. I did not undress last night. Held her all night. As soon as I tried to lay her down she would cry and cough so hard. She is better now. The fever has left and Mrs. Smith will work for her today.
What I started to say was, we went to the show here Saturday night and went into Seattle Sunday to the hockey game and to eat. Many thanks to both you girls for the money you sent. Jimmie is going to write and thank you too. I will tell you more about the game and our trip into Seattle in my next letter.
I have lost a little weight so wore the girdle you sent me, Gladys, to Mrs. Silknitter’s. And wore my new slip and a pair of stockings you sent me Helen. Like them all very much.
Papa is nearly ready to go so must stop.
Lovingly, mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading