Wednesday, December 3, 2008

244 4/11/1950 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Tuesday, April 11, 1950
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I'm so glad this week isn't the one when Jim and Ruth are here because the weather is just terrible. All Easter weekend it sleeted, hailed and blew real hard and was cold. We couldn't even go to church Sunday it was so awful out. This morning it is cold and terribly windy. After a week of this weather it should be nice when the kids are here.
Mrs. Dahlstrom called yesterday and told me the Dahlstroms had spent Easter week in Portland. I'm glad they had a chance to get away for a few days. It sounds like they have been awfully busy.
Tomorrow I am invited to a shower on a neighborhood. The woman who is giving it is having it at a place like the Crabapple. She has reserved a room for us and we will have lunch and then play bridge. I will leave Mary with Nellie.
I want to write a note to Jim and Ruth tonight and give them our telephone number. I wonder if they will be coming through St. Cloud and Anoka.
More later Folks. I have to stop for now.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading