Thursday, December 4, 2008

678 4/2/1951 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Monday, April 02, 1951
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
The kids have used all my typing paper so I will have to use Mary’s tonight. The weather is warmer but still snowing. Saturday night we went over to Fernstrom’s and it snowed hard all night. The thaw has started, though, so maybe by May the snow will be gone.
Davy is over the chickenpox by now and is feeling good again. He was really covered and even had them in his eyes and mouth but they didn’t seem to bother him too much. He feels just wonderful and now he likes to sit in the jumping chair. He almost has a tooth and is getting so cute. He still has a yellow tinge but I think he looks more tannish now. With his red hair maybe he never will be real white.
I sure hope we will hear something soon about that job in Seattle. Everyone is ready to leave Minneapolis after the terrible winter we had and are still having.
Mary had a letter today from Jeannie Dahlstrom. She said she had the mumps. I hope everyone is fine there now.
Mrs. Dahlstrom called me the other day. I asked her if they were planning on going out there this summer and she said they do plan to go if Andrew can get some extra time. They will drive out and will stay with Ralph part of the time and with Gladys part of the time.
Last Friday night the Cubs had their pack meeting up at school. It’s their big meeting which meets once a month and it’s just like old home week up at school on that night as so many I knew at school and at General Mills live out in the Park now. Both Jimmy and Dickie Bonander got awards this last Friday so Bonanders and us took the kids to the drugstore afterwards and bought them some ice cream. Then Bonanders took Dickie home and came back over here and we played bridge.
I will stop for now Folks as I want to write letters to the girls. I hope you are all fine.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading