Wednesday, October 29, 2008

401 8/23/1939 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
2928 E. 22nd St., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Wednesday, August 23, 1939
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,

I just got home from the beauty shop and will write to you now. I had a real nice letter from you today.

It's too bad Mrs. Jacobs couldn't stand Mr. Jacobs, but I don't see how she lived with him as long as she did.

When did Jim start going with Reba? She is awfully cute. I wonder what Vivian thinks of that.

I hope the kids got a lot of huckleberries. I bet they were tired when they got down from the mountains. It will be nice to have a fruit room in the wood shed. Where will you put all the stuff that is in the root house?

I'm glad Grandma is having such a nice time. Does she like to stay at Vera's?

Betty Martin got her bank book from Bill. He wrote the meanest note too, but she doesn't care as long as she got her money fixed up. I am going to see her tomorrow night. Mabel went to work the same time I did this morning. She has different hours all the time. She asked me if I would attack the toaster and I held my breath for a minute but it worked all right. I didn't tell her about having it on.

Well I will stop again for now. Our weather is swell out now.

With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading