Wednesday, November 26, 2008

637 1/6/1945 Jim Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Jim Erwin
497th Service Sqdn. 44th Service Group, APO 487, NY
Saturday, January 06, 1945
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
A nice letter came from you this evening. The one with the clipping about Gail Bishop. He certainly is a wonderful basketball player.
I wrote to Helen today. The first Christmas mail I’ve answered. Just don’t feel like writing.
Cliff and I are going to the show in a few minutes. The picture is, “Kismet”. Supposed to be very good and is in Technicolor.
A card came from Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong. They renewed my subscription to the Reader’s Digest for another year. I enjoy the magazine very much so am glad to have it.
Took my bookkeeping test today. Had an hour and a half to do it but finished in ten minutes. Think everything was correct. Will know in about a week. The Army is really anxious for the men to take courses. We have a building now and classes will start soon. I’m going to take bookkeeping, mathematics, and Hindustani.
I won’t be running into any Hindus in the States but would like to know something about the language. Classes will all be in the evenings.
It is raining today and very damp and cold. Some fellows are wishing that it would warm up. Wait until this summer. They’ll even be glad to feel a cool breeze.
How is Cully doing? Hope he is having a good season. The Hawks are still in last place I think.
If you can get 35 mm film, please do so. I know how to reroll and use in my little camera. That size film shouldn’t be in too great demand.
I will try and write to Shirlee one of these days. Haven’t heard from her in quite a while but then it’s nearly three months since I’ve written.
Will be twenty-two tomorrow. Next birthday hope to be back in the states.
With love, Jim

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading