Thursday, November 6, 2008

460 2/22/1943 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Monday, February 22, 1943
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Ruthie and I are waiting for Cully to call us up. The boys go on the road about noon today so it should be soon.
We listened to the game last night and Cully scored a goal which all helps. They won 5 0 putting them ahead of the Canadiens again – but only 1 point. It is still hard to tell what will happen.
The last two days have been nice here but I guess it is going to turn cold again. Edna, Achie (?) and Kenny were here for dinner yesterday, then late in the afternoon Ruthie and I went over to Mabel’s. Clara, Vernie and Marilyn were there so we had a nice evening – and Grandma and Grandpa Dahlstrom came after us about 8:30. Tonight Louise Schnable plans to come over to see us. I hope she doesn’t stay late because I’m so all in. I can’t seem to get rested up at all no matter how long I stay in bed.
Tomorrow I plan to go downtown. Will have lunch with Addie and shop a little. Mrs. D. and I have to register for our ration book this afternoon. Wednesday Mabel and MaryLee will be here for lunch. On Thursday I will pack and get ready to leave Friday morning. The week will fly by I know.
I got my ticket Saturday and was told the train is due in East Auburn at 7 A.M. instead of 7:45. I guess you’d better call and check up again there before just to be sure. I hope the train will not be late.
I plan to call Bushes and Woodfills sometime this week but will not see anyone.
Cully just called. He is fine. Ruthie talked to him and started to cry. She wanted to see him. She is the limit. These first few days should be the hardest so soon she will get used to not seeing him.
Well folks, I won’t promise to write again because we will be there soon – just next Sunday. It sure will be fun to get home to see all of you again.
Love, Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading