Tuesday, October 21, 2008

700 10/2/1928 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tuesday, October 02, 1928
Helen Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

My Dear Girls,
We had lunch today at Mrs. Thurston’s. She wants me to stay until the last of the month, but I am getting anxious to see you girls so think now that I would ever so much rather come home with papa.
After lunch we hurried back to Mrs. Truax’s to meet Mrs. Woodfill. She came for us right after one o’clock. Took us out to her old place. She has it for rent, then went past one old place on 1st Ave. Mrs. Ellsworth has gone home with Charity, so may not see her. Then we drove over to Lake Harriet. Everything looks lovely, the leaves are colored such wonderful shades.
I called Mrs. Prescott last night. She knew my voice right away. Everyone asks about you girls and are so sorry you did not come.
We are here tonight at Woodfills. Francis and Ralph are fine but wish you were here too.
Papa went downtown yesterday, found many changes around the offices. Thinks he really wants to be in the West more than here.
Got a letter from Aunt Hilda. She is not going to tell anyone that we are coming down. Wants us to surprise them all.
Sheas are living out West somewhere also Mr. Burkheminer (the old ___ that use to live back of us in St. Paul) has moved to Tacoma.
I think it is lovely of you girls to try to save for us, but want you to have what you need too.
Each time I write I am in a hurry but hope I do not miss writing anything.
I am to put this letter out in the hall tonight and Frank will mail it early in the morning.
I hope you girls are getting along fine.
With love to each one from all.
Jimmie is getting tired of this visiting and wants to go home he says.
Lovingly, Mamma.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading