Thursday, October 23, 2008

264 11/16/1936 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Monday, November 16, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
I had hoped I would have time today to write you a nice long letter but we really have been very busy.
Ad and I and Dr. and Mrs. Jensen went to the game Saturday. We enjoyed it a lot. It is the last game of the year to be played at home so there was a good crowd. After the game I went home with Jensen's and ended up by staying all night. We played cards and had a lot of fun. Sunday morning Ad and I walked around Lake Harriet and met Clara. Dr. and Vernie went fishing so we four - Mrs. J., Clara, Ad, and I played some more bridge.
I read in the morning paper that the St. Louis Hockey Team beat the St. Paul boys last night. The score was 3-2. St. Paul was in the lead 2-0 through most of the game and then on account of a penalty they had to play with 1 or 2 men short and St. Louis won.
I had a letter from Bill this morning. He is really planning to come home for Christmas. I hope he doesn't stay too long.
I have been trying to call Knutson's but can't seem to get them. I will keep at it until I do and find out what he wants for his work. I hope it isn't very much.
I forgot to tell you that I won the $2.50 jackpot Saturday. I was plenty glad about it too. I will use it for xmas gifts. I'm also saving my pennies and have about a dollar's worth already.
The Community Fund Drive is on. Della and I both pledged only $2.00. I don't feel as though I can afford any more - especially when I still owe them for last year. I'll pay the whole thing after Christmas. Do you have to give much out there?
Tonight I am going with Adelyn Pearson to her club. Wednesday is club out to Robbinsdale and Friday I go to a shower on Adelyn unless Cully gets home. If he does we are going to a party that B. J. Nelson's are giving for the boys that played baseball this summer. I don't see how he can, though, because they have a game Thursday night in Wichita, Kansas and that is 700 miles away. He said they'd leave right after the game and drive straight thru to home.
Helen's feet seem to be pretty good. Must stop again.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading