Friday, November 28, 2008

785 10/17/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Alexandria, Ohio
Thursday, October 17, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert & Jimmie,
Today is your birthday Albert. Suppose it means just another day of work. Hope your next one can be a better one.
Ben seems some better and we see little improved ways, but there is need of much more. If possible I want to leave the first of the week for Helen’s.
I had a nice letter from Helen and one from Gladys today. Gladys said she was taking my clothes home to iron. That is an awful lot to do.
Ruth and two children are here this afternoon. She gave me some Kodak pictures that were taken while Frank and Annie were here last May.
The weather is not so nice today. It is cloudy and quite windy. Looks like rain.
They heat their houses here with gas. I don’t like it. The water is very hard, it is hard to wash dishes so they look nice. I like the west much better in every way.
Helen is excited about me coming. She says she is only 350 miles from Columbus. Elmer is going to find out about trains. She has given me directions, also Elmer’s phone call and office number.
Will stop now to write Helen a few lines. This may be there by Sunday for Gladys to read.
Much love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading