Sunday, November 23, 2008

602 5/29/1944 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1414 Cole St., Lake Charles, Louisiana
Monday, May 29, 1944
Albert Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert,
I received four nice letters this morning, one from you, Stella, Gladys and the soldier boy I took to dinner in Shreveport.
Helen says I am as bad as the young girls are to get a soldier to write to me. Well, he was getting back late after a furlough because he had missed connections and felt quite worried about it. I asked him to let me know how he came out. I then got busy and worked for him and everything was O.K. He seemed like a real nice kid and felt so worried for he had just been made a Corporal.
Gladys said they were not able to get a room at the Guyon. Also not to write until I heard from her again. I sent her a wire Thursday after getting a letter saying they were leaving Minneapolis Wednesday for Chicago and would stay at the Guyon until they could find a house. Now I hope she gets it.
Sorry you have been having so much trouble. Try to remember who is talking to you. It is only erroneous aggressive mutual suggestions trying to make you believe that there is life and sensations in matter. It is a lie, and hold to it. Know that you live in divine mind. Whatever says your arm, legs, hip, feet or anything else hurts is not true. You do not live in matter. I’ll keep on working, but remember God made you perfect and nothing can unmake you. We can prove this and will.
Everything has gone so fine here and it should for you too. Each day seems a little easier although I work all the time. Helen sat up for a while today and walked out to the table for her meals which helps some too. She has four small rooms and a bathroom so there is not far to walk all over the house. It is upstairs and I have to go down to wash clothes every day on an old wash board. Diapers I want to boil I have to bring up again and boil them in a dish pan. There is running water and gas. The weather is so hot my clothes stick to me all the time. It is 11:15 P.M. now and hardly a breath of air stirring.
Will you like having Leo for a lead man? You are health and strength expressed and can do what ever you are supposed to do. Read on page 475 S. & H., “Question – What is man”?. Also, “what is mind” on page 469.
Glad you fix yourself something good to eat when you are home. Stella is nice to you too. I know you enjoy her cooking as much as mine.
A man has been fixing the car for Helen. He brought it home tonight. We will have an oil change before we go. Want to leave by the 14th. I am sure we can.
I am glad you are saving the papers for me. Do you want me to write to Jack and Gertrude and give them Jimmie’s address? Hope you hear from Jim soon. Helen says to tell you that she will write a letter to you some day this week.
I held the baby while her mother went up the tower in Kansas City. I had no desire to go up. She said it was 275 feet high. Anyway, it looked awfully high so could be 600 feet. I will write Mrs. Ellsworth as soon as I can. Elmer wrote Helen that he would be indebted to me the rest of his life for coming; it has meant so much to him.
More tomorrow. With love, Sadie.
I wrote this on my lap. Hope you can read it. You wrote a nice letter.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading