Tuesday, October 21, 2008

747 12/13/1928 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Thursday, December 13, 1928
Albert Erwin
2206 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota

My Dear Albert,
Your Friday night letter with check came this afternoon with the word “Insufficient Address” written on envelope. You had forgotten to write Washington on it. Your Saturday night letter came yesterday. I knew by it that there had been another letter sent with money.
It worried me until I got busy and knew who was taking care of us and that nothing could be lost in God’s universe. The money looks good. I am going downtown now. Pay Patterson, Swift and Lindquist in full and from now on pay cash for my meat.
Will pay cash for dry goods as soon as I get Jensen & Co. paid next month. I have made most of my gifts to send away so they have not cost me much and the few I have bought, also greetings and what the children have bought, we have paid cash and gotten them where we could get them the cheapest. We have been asking prices on Christmas nuts and candies. So far have found Skaggs are the cheapest so guess that is where we will buy ours.
I will write a long letter tonight. From now on we will write to you every day except Saturday.
With much love, Sadie.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading