Friday, November 28, 2008

105 6/28/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Saturday, June 28, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I haven't forgotten you at all but it seems like I'm always rushing so fast to do something that I have really neglected my letter writing this week. Right now I'm sitting out in the sun to get my hair dry as we are going on an office party this afternoon. We are taking the children out to Florence's and she will take good care of them. They like to play with her little girl too.
Mrs. Carlson was very happy to get a letter from you. She never gets any mail and she had us all read it and it certainly was a nice letter. I took your watch and Jim's picture and curlers and things to the Post Office today but they wouldn't insure the package because they didn't think the watch was secure enough so I brought it back home and will have Al Sleizer wrap the watch separately.
Last Saturday night we went out to Mabel and Charlie's. Clara Jenson called me first and wanted us to go out with them and when I told her we were going to Mabel's she said not to act as though we knew they were coming but she and Vernie would stop by too so we had lots of fun.
Wednesday night Elmer worked as usual so Eden and I went to the show. Jimmy had a tooth filled the other day and thought it was fun going to the dentist.
Pop did you get a little rest at Gladys' place. I wish you folks could take it easier.
Gosh I've got to stop and take a bath and press a dress but I did want to get a note off. Nothing more has been done on the house. Still waiting for carpenters. I'll get a good letter written tomorrow and tell Ruth and Jim I haven't forgotten about them either. The weather is hot now so we have mosquitoes and electric storms.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading