Saturday, October 25, 2008

824 1/3/1938 Louisa Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Louisa Erwin
St. Peter, Minnesota
Monday, January 03, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert and all,
Wishing you a happy year and I wish Jim and the girls happy birthdays. This will have to be for all. I had a nice letter from Stella and I thank her very much for the nice pictures. They are very nice and I wish them happiness and I thank you all for the stockings and apron, it is very nice. I was surprised to get it from so far away and thank you for the letter too. That piece of holly is nice because it came from you.
We had a Christmas tree and the weather was good. Hilfred, her husband and children were home 2 days and the other girls sent Christmas packages so we all had a good time and some went to midnight church. I went too.
I got a dress, apron, 2 pair of stockings and candy and Dorothy's picture. She lives in Waseca. The others are all going to school in town this year so Mary is alone part of the day. I am still at Dahlberg's. It is so hard for her to walk, otherwise she might get along alone. She says to greet you from her.
Love from Mother Erwin.
Sometimes I feel as if I would like to be free to go and come whenever I wanted to, but then I could not go unless someone would take me. Mary and Ruth would like to have me with them and I feel as if I ought to be with them while I am well enough to enjoy it and wait until I get too old to enjoy anything.
I am not discontented but I just get that kind of feeling sometimes and then it is good to say it. I will be 75 next birthday.
Mrs. Carl Ross (Edna Rydeen) got a new girl for Christmas. She has 5 girls and 2 boys.
I am well and feeling fine so you need not feel sorry for me. I hope you can all have good health and enjoy living.
With love, Louisa

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading