Friday, November 28, 2008

95 4/13/1947 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Box 10, Shoreland Drive, Bellevue, Washington
Sunday, April 13, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother:
It is a beautiful day here. Many boats are out and I just noticed that there are some swimmers too - really is like summer.
I was sorry to hear you were sick but do hope you feel fine while in Portland. It was nice Pop went with you. I wished all the time he could. Getting away must have been wonderful for both of you. Too bad it couldn't be for a month or so. Hope Jim and Harold managed okay at the store - I'm sure they did.
I forgot to pay for the bread and butter Jim brought down last Wednesday but will take care of that next time.
We will be up next Saturday. I will go to Tiffin then up to the cabin. I'm having Stella put an ad in the Enumclaw paper this week to sell the cabin.
Haven't heard from our company that is coming but should this next week. I have so much work to do but feel more like crocheting on my bedspread - have made 22 blocks already.
Had lunch with Margaret one day last week.
See you Saturday.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading