Thursday, October 23, 2008

765 10/14/1936 Louisa Erwin to Albert Erwin

Louisa Erwin
St. Peter, Minnesota
Wednesday, October 14, 1936
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert and family,
I hope this will find you all well and I wish Albert a happy birthday and many happy returns of the day.
I have been well all the time. I was to Mary, Ruth and Carl in the summer. We did not go to Minneapolis this summer so I have not seen your girls. I guess they have been busy so they could not come here. I heard from them for Mother’s Day and I think that is the last I heard from you too. I think that I wrote to you about that time. I don’t write very often and your birthday don’t come but once a year.
Mr. and Mrs. Dahlberg are about the same as last year. Their girls come home once a year. The Minneapolis ones come oftener.
Walfred and Melvin Rydeen are living alone and doing their cooking. We had a very hot summer and dry for a while but the crops was pretty good. In some places the potatoes dried up and we did not get much in the garden.
Clarence was bumped with a car in St. Pete. He fell against the bumper and held on so they dragged him a ways. He got sore and lame but he is all right now. It is so many car accidents around here.
Edna and Martha each got a girl this summer. We have some cold days here. The leaves are falling now, the ground is not frozen.
Clarence is going to shred corn next week. He always has a lot of work. Have you been to see Vera this summer. It can’t be so very far from you. I will write her address
E. H. Erwin
7310 So. 12th St. maybe 3710
Tacoma, Wash.
Go to see her sometime if you can. She cannot come to you, they have no car.
Well I can not write any more and I hope that you have all been well and maybe you can write some time. If you write one letter and we can send it around. Aunt Emma said to greet you all from her. And my love to you all.
Mother Erwin.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading