Wednesday, December 3, 2008

242 7/12/1949 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Tuesday, July 12, 1949
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I'll just write a note to summarize up my plans. I'm leaving Wednesday night, the 20th, on the Empire Builder. The train leaves here at 8:45 P.M. and I'll get into Seattle Thursday morning. I think it is about 7:30 A.M., isn't it, but I'll call pretty soon and find out for sure.
You would almost think we were leaving town for good because everyone is having parties on account of my leaving.
These last few days have been cooler and the nights are wonderfully cool. We even need a thin blanket with the sheet over us.
Tomorrow I'm invited to Eden's in Anoka for lunch but will have to call her today and tell her I can't come as the car is acting up and Elmer hates to have me drive out of the city. The car was in the garage twice last week and again wouldn't start the next day after getting it home. Last night Elmer blew out the gas line and got a push and it seemed to work O.K. so we went for a ride to test it out and still got home O.K. Last week when we went for a ride to try it out we came home on the bus. I'm anxious to see if it will start this morning now.
It's almost nine o'clock so Mary and Jimmy will be waking up pretty soon. We have a super-sized play area in our neighborhood so Mary goes over there every morning and stays until noon. They color and string beads and things like that.
Will stop for now and get busy as I have a lot to do and I'll see you next week. I just can't believe I'm actually going to get out there. I got a little Farmer's Mechanics bank and am saving dimes so I can come next year again.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading