Tuesday, December 2, 2008

200 1/6/1949 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Thursday, January 06, 1949
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks - I'm all out of paper so will write a note on this. Selma just called and said she had just called Eden and Eden's cousin answered the phone and told her Mr. Pope died last night of a heart attack. What a shock. I can't believe it. He was all right and they went up to bed and when he got into bed he gave one gasp and that was the end. The funeral is to be Saturday afternoon. He has had a bad heart for years and was so thin you would hardly know him but he kept traveling every week, coming home weekends. I think he must have been a little under the weather when I think about it though because they had planned to go down to Florida in February and see Clarence in Texas but I talked to Eden yesterday and she said her folks had postponed their trip but hoped to go out west in the summer instead. I wonder what Mrs. Pope will do. Here Eden and Wally will be moving to Anoka any time now.
Well I better get supper on. Elmer is working again tonight. The temperature got up to 36 above today so the brakes thawed out and the car worked O.K. Florence came over with Barbara this morning. She had spent the night with her folks as she had had a fight with her husband. I had a nice letter from Verna today. I must get busy and write lots of letters. Goodbye for now Folks.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading