Monday, October 27, 2008

332 6/28/1938 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tuesday, June 28, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Wally drove again this morning so I got here early. I had two nice letters from you yesterday.
Last night Elmer and I drove his grandmother home and then went out to the lake to see Glad. Gladys said you had mailed her four letters but she has only gotten two. She and Cully and Helen and Virg are going up to the north shore over the Fourth. The weekend after the Fourth, Elmer and I are going out to the cottage.
Elmer had his final yesterday and got the highest mark in the class.
Tuesday Night
Elmer stayed home to study tonight so I did my ironing and got Stella’s package ready to send tomorrow. Betty Martin drove over so I went down and we sat in the car and talked for a while.
Eden and Wally just came home and I’m going to take a bath pretty soon and go to bed.
I’m glad to hear Jimmie is working. I imagine he would make a pretty good soda fountain clerk.
I’m pretty sure I can get three weeks off. I’ll take the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks. I am awfully anxious to get out there.
Is Buster working any place now?
So that was Mr. Woodfill that came up to the apartment and asked about me. I’m glad I found out who it was. I’m sorry to hear about Woodfills turning to doctors. I could never do that. It will be nice if Frances gets married pretty soon. She has gone with Bertel so long.
Here is Rose Winter’s address: 2639 Bryant Ave So. I wish you would write to her. She said you must have forgotten about her.
If Gladys doesn’t come into town pretty soon and plan to see some of these people, I’m going to meet Mrs. Ellsworth myself. I like her so well.
So you got to see Addie. Jimmie certainly must have changed if she didn’t know him.
It’s too bad Lilly can’t come down and visit you but I suppose she is glad to get to work.
Well I guess I had better stop now and get ready for bed.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading