Tuesday, December 2, 2008

213 3/5/1949 Sadie Erwin to Helen Carlson

Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington
Saturday, March 05, 1949
Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota

My dear Helen and All,
Just a few lines now. Your nice letter came Thursday. Hope Mary is feeling fine now. Called Gladys this morning. Jeannie is home with the measles. Glad said she was feeling much better today, and was getting along fine. Said she would rather have her have them now than later.
We have had a week or more of beautiful weather. I got a lot of washing done this past week. So nice to hang the clothes out in the sun and air.
It looks now that we are going to be able to make some kind of deal with Louie Anderson for the store building and lots. He offered it to us for $8500. Thursday we offered him $7000. Now he will sell for $7750. We will talk it over with him again the first of the week. Interest at 4%. It looks now that we will take it at his price. We are paying him $70 per month rent, $840 per year. That will go a long ways towards paying for the place.
I must get those snow pictures printed for you and me. Two are good of Gary. I'll take them down today so they can be ready to send you next week. Gary loves candy. When he comes to the store he goes to Pop for he is sure of getting some then. Tuesday I hope to give my book review. I read until 2 A.M. this morning. I am getting it together pretty good now. Will be glad when it is over, so I can settle down to other things to do.
Good-bye for now.
Love to you all.
Mother
P.S. Men are going back to work in the woods now. Business is better already.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading