Thursday, March 4, 2010

10/5/1980 Helen Carlson to Mary Lowry

Mrs. Mike Lowry
455 Argyle Drive
Alexandria, Va. 22305

2825-98th Ave. N.E.
Bellevue, Wa. 98004

Dear Mary,

Our weather is still beautiful and today we went to Discovery Park at Fort Lawton and went on a nature hike that was very nice. Then we went to Gas Works Park and watched the kites being flown. Friday, when I was at cousin Verna’s, daddy went to Magnuson Park where he saw the largest kite in the world. It was pulled by a city dump truck to get it up in the air. This summer weather brings out the crowds.

I am mailing five Barbie outfits to Diane tomorrow. I am getting better all the time but still an amateur. I won’t send Barbie yet as I have more outfits I want to make. Diane wanted to know the name of this Barbie and I didn’t know they had names, but on her box it says, “Pretty Changes Barbie.” She has a long blonde wig and a brunette one.

Jimmy called this morning from Naples, Italy. He sounded happy and will be back home in two weeks. Vickie is leaving Friday to meet him in Greece and they are going to run in a marathon. Vickie went to Belgium a short while ago.

We celebrated Benson’s 43rd anniversary Thursday night by going out for dinner and then playing bridge. I hope you had a good time playing bridge Friday night. Daddy got up at 5:30 this morning as he is so upset about the trial. Their sentences can range from 30 to 130 years in prison, but they are going to appeal. I hope it will do some good.

Jimmy has seen the house he and Vickie will live in for the year they will be in Italy. He said it is beautiful, right on the ocean side. I am sending you the letter we received.

Tiffany is moving, but I haven’t talked to Rouela, but just see all the help over there with a truck and carrying things out.

More later.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading