Wednesday, December 3, 2008

665 12/20/1950 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Wednesday, December 20, 1950
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
This will be just a hurried note to tell you that your two packages just came. The beautiful, beautiful wreath is already hanging on our door. I just love it. It came through just perfectly. The earrings for Parry are absolutely lovely. She will be crazy about them but I hate to give them to her now. I forgot to enclose this check with your last letter so will be sure to put it in this one. Elmer just called to tell me they had given him a check for a hundred dollars as a Christmas present at work. We are very happy about that.
I will be looking for your call Christmas Eve. We will be up late so don’t worry about the time it goes through.
Mrs. Dahlstrom called me just a few minutes ago. She asked me if I had heard from any of you lately and I said I had and you were all fine. I didn’t say anything to her about how mad we were all at her. She didn’t mention anything either and said after Christmas she wanted to get over to see the baby and I told her to come when she could.
I shouldn’t have, but I did open my birthday present. Can I ever use that plastic table cloth. I used to have one and used it every single night but it finally wore out and since then I haven’t had one and I certainly have to wash and iron table cloths all the time so now this will put an end to that.
I’m plenty tired today as my bridge club had the Christmas party last night at Dorothy Habata’s house. She lives in Hopkins. I didn’t get home until two and was up at four with the baby and up again to stay up at six o’clock. He wouldn’t go to sleep all morning either so I didn’t get to sleep. I thought I would sleep a little later on but I think everyone I know has called me today. I don’t feel too bad now but hope to get a little more sleep tonight. I haven’t had four straight hours sleep since I have been home from the hospital but I still feel real good except for being on the sleepy side most of the time.
Parry has invited us over to her house for New Year’s Eve. I think probably we will just stay home, though, as we haven’t looked or found a baby sitter yet and Gene is too young to stay with the baby since he isn’t on a dependable schedule yet. She might be all right though since we would be just a few houses away.
All of your packages have arrived. I sure hope mine get there in time. It is so much fun getting packages in the mail that I’m sorry I didn’t send yours right to you instead of putting it in with Jim and Ruth’s things. I hope to send you and Pop something more right after Christmas as my things are so inadequate compared to what you send us. The picture should get there soon although I don’t have them yet. I just got the proofs yesterday and they aren’t so very good but at least you will be able to see the baby.
I must stop for now but thanks for the beautiful wreath. Elmer sure will be surprised when he comes home tonight and sees it hanging on the door. I’m anxious to give the earrings to Parry. I know she will love them and I hope you sent me a pair but if you didn’t I’m going to send for some if they aren’t all gone by now. I think you said they were 1.50 at the store but I made this check out for 2.50 and I don’t want you to send me back the change. Thanks for everything and I’ll be talking to you Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading