Thursday, November 27, 2008

809 2/28/1946 Ben Close to Sadie Erwin

Ben Close
VA Hospital, Dayton, Ohio
Thursday, February 28, 1946
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Sister and All,
I hope Jimmie is home and everyone is happy. Just a word to let you know that I had to go through with the second operation. It must have been due to the ___ mortal mind of error which surrounds me here for have received several different aids. Thanks many times for the copies of Sentinel. We have been getting them here too together with such books and other literature as desired. We have also found out that there is a branch at Newark, our county seat and nearest town of size.
I am doing fine and expect to be home within two weeks. Uncle Perry insists on my taking a trip west and visit them while I recuperate. He also requested me to remember him to you.
I may be some time before going anywhere for I would want to build up some. Frank and Anna plan to come out here this spring. It has been about 32 years since seeing them.
Roma just left here. We have been discussing plans for gardening when we get home. The sun is shining so beautifully today. I shall write to everyone when home again.
Ever affectionately, Ben.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading