Sunday, November 23, 2008

9 6/17/1944 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
9007 South Elizabeth, Chicago, Illinois
Saturday, June 17, 1944
Sadie Erwin
Box 1310, Knoxville, Tennessee

Dear Mother,
Just a note to let you know I just received your wire and am thrilled to pieces you are coming to see us. While I was washing my dishes this morning I was wishing you would return via Chicago so you could see our new house and have a visit. You will come into the same Station that Cully leaves to come home on so he will meet you from work and come right out from there. We have our phone connected so if your train is late he can call me. In case you need to call our number is Cedar Crest 0068.
Had a letter from Pop this morning giving me your address so I hope you get this before you leave.
We are coming along fine with our getting settled. I will meet Cully this noon to pick up our dining room set.
Pop wrote that he had had a wire from Jim saying he was fine but didn't know where it was sent from.
Hello to all the Carlsons. I bet they are happy to all be together again. How's that sweet little girl. I wonder what Elmer thinks of her?
See you Wednesday.
I will write Helen later.
Love, Gladys
This really is a rushed note. Will do our best about reservations and am sure you can make Portland okay.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading