Sunday, November 23, 2008

609 6/3/1944 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1414 Cole St., Lake Charles, Louisiana
Saturday, June 03, 1944
Albert Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert,
The mailman brought me two letters from you this A.M. I had one from Mrs. Jensen yesterday.
Helen got dressed this morning. After lunch she took Jimmie in the car over to see Mrs. Cully, the lady that took me around the first day after I arrived here. Helen feels fine.
Helen called Bob Jensen late yesterday afternoon. He is coming tomorrow if he can get off. Said he was in Lake Charles last Sunday, wanted to see us then, but as Helen has no phone could not find us. Call Mrs. Jensen if you have time. Tell her I’ll write after seeing Bob. We plan to have a real nice dinner for him tomorrow.
Helen is having a colored girl coming Monday to help us. The hospital is so crowded here that they want their patients to go home as soon as possible. The doctor told Helen to stay in bed until the 12th day. She has been up walking around some for the past three days. I have not let her do anything but go to the bathroom, come to the table to eat and sit on the porch and write letters, so it has not hurt her any and she has not lost her strength at all.
We will start packing this next week. Monday Helen will go to the Rationing Board to see about gas to travel with. I want to see about getting a berth for my return trip too.
I hope Stella’s club entertaining was a success and that she did not find it too hard by having it over at our place.
Good you got to go to the ball game. It was nice to take Charlie along too. Your nice pork dinner you had at the canteen sounds good. Spend what ever you want to and enjoy yourself as much as you can. If you have to take a week off now too feel as though it is only a blessing to have it come at this time.
It was fine to feel so good that one night when you wrote. Hope you are feeling swell now. I have worked for you a lot and you should know and feel perfect now. The body manifests whatever thought that is governing it. It seems to me from what you write that if you will hold to the scientific statement of being on 468 S. & H. you will soon be entirely free from this claim of sensation in matter. Read the statement, then stop and think about it and what each thing means. Whatever says there is pain or heavy feeling in legs or body is only mortal mind. Talk right back to him. God says, “this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased.” You are perfect, whole and free, right now from any claims of matter. You live in mind, God, and are healthy and strong now.
My legs and ankles did not hurt me at all when they were so swollen. It was caused from the heat and from sitting so long with my shoes on. I’ll try to get a sleeper from Knoxville to K.C.
Hope Stella and the children are feeling fine now. Too bad they had to have colds. Hard to realize anyone could have colds when we swelter so with the heat here.
No I did not get weighed. So have not felt I have lost any weight. One would think I would though.
Have not been very far since coming here. Helen says there is a lot of Spanish moss on the trees around the lake. We plan to do some driving around tomorrow. If Bob comes he can enjoy it too.
Helen nurses the baby which will be a big help on the trip. She plans to nurse her for the summer if she can.
Helen is home again. She and the children are having a nap. When they wake up we will go over to the park just around the corner.
With love, Sadie
P.S. June 1st, they were to start airmail service here. It has been going by train to Shreveport. This should go sooner now.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading