Thursday, October 23, 2008

258 3/23/1936 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Monday, March 23, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I haven't answered your swell letters for several days. Helen said she was going to mail one Saturday night - I hope she did.
We are having rain. Our snow and ice is going fast - things look so dirty and awful though.
I'm so glad, Mother, that you got into Seattle. It is fun once in a while even though you can't spend much.
Helen is still working. Talked to Miss Lindeberg today and she said to let her know when Helen is through at Sears so she can put her back on her list. She surely is swell.
I like this place better every day and I am gaining weight and feel much better. I guess it is because there aren't so many things to worry about.
Saturday night Earle and I went to the wedding that Wally was ushering at. The girl is 37, weighs 225 lb and is 6 ft 2 - the fellow is 52, 5 ft 5 and is bald-headed. It was a scream. After the wedding Earle, I and Dorothy and Cliff went to the Orpheum and saw "The Music Goes Round and Round".
Yesterday I went to Vi's. We had a 1:30 dinner and it was swell too. I tried to get Beth but no one answered. I'll try again, though, the next time I go over.
Tomorrow night I am going skating at the Arena with Herbie, Helen and Ed and Polly and Hulgar[?]. It will be fun I know. Maybe I shouldn't go but I am anyway.
I am up to 112 lbs now. I weigh more than Stella.
Schnaubles told me that Mrs. O'Brien died last week. They buried her Friday morning.
Dorothy Osander's picture was in the paper yesterday. She has just returned from her wedding trip. Was I ever surprised. No one knew she was married. Guess the fellow felt sorry for her and gave her a break.
Pretty swell of Pop to build a linen cupboard and book cupboard for Jim. It helps a lot to get stuff out of the way.
I still don't know just when I'll be out but it will be as soon as possible. Ad is hoping she can get out too. She misses all of you so much too. I never see her but she talks about old times. Pikes Peak - at home, etc. She asks about each of you. I know she would enjoy being out there.
Love and more tomorrow, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading