Saturday, November 1, 2008

423 2/4/1942 Jim Erwin to Helen Carlson

Jim Erwin
1709 A Street, Pullman, Washington
Wednesday, February 04, 1942
Helen Carlson
Box 582 Newburyport, Massachusetts

Dear Helen,
Your nice letter came Monday. The place that I am in is swell. Get plenty of sleep and still do plenty of studying.
Tomorrow is my last final. Mother and I have been both working to know that the finals would turn out O.K. All the finals have been on just what I had studied on. Today was my accounting final and it was supposed to be the toughest one.
Monday some kids took an accounting final starting at 3 in the afternoon and at 6 nobody was through yet.
My test was an easy one. It took less than 2 hours and was able to answer all the questions and do the problems. When I was through it was hard to believe. Felt like yelling right in class.
My exam in English is tomorrow. Then I am hitchhiking home. Stan Johnson was going to go with me but he has a ride and is going before my test is over so will go by myself.
It will be swell if you are able to see Cully next week.
I sure would like a trip back to see you and Elmer but couldn’t do it for a few years.
Don’t worry about your age. There is always somebody older. It scares me to think that I am going on 20 so have an idea how you feel.
Hope you can stay settled for a while until the baby is born. Then you can start moving again.
This stationery is some of a big stack the football players gave me.
Say hello to Elmer for me. Call him Pa Carlson.
With love, Jim.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading