Saturday, October 25, 2008

316 3/2/1937 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tuesday, March 02, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

March 2, 1937
Dear Folks:
Received your letter yesterday telling of the accident. I guess you were all fortunate to not have been hurt badly but it is too bad, Mother, that you had to get such a bump on your head. I hope it will be alright soon.
It must have been very interesting to hear the Senate in session. It is fun to get around and take in all the different things.
I had a very nice weekend. It was Cully's car we used to go to Princeton. We left Sat. afternoon. There was Ada and I and then the girl Lois, from the office, and her boy friend. It was a beautiful day. The highways were perfectly clear so driving was easy. Up near Princeton there was a lot of snow and the country roads were icy but not hard to get through on.
Sunday morning we went skiing. It was pecks of fun. I got along pretty well until I decided to try going down a hill. I got almost to the bottom and then took a nice spill. Of course we laughed but I did hurt my leg a little.
Last night Mr. and Mrs. Dahlstrom and Ralph came over. She had bought some more eggs in the country so brought over a dozen for me. She liked our apartment very much. The Minn. - N.W. basketball game was on the radio so they stayed for a while to listen to it. Minnesota won in an overtime period 34-33. It was a grand game.
Tonight Mable and I are going out to spend the evening with Adelyn Pearson. Tomorrow night Irma is coming over. She is going to help me cut out my dress and then we are going to church.
Stella's closet should be a lot better now that Pop has fixed it lighter. I know last summer it was terribly dark.
Did Helen tell you that we are going to have the Woodfills and Mrs. Ellsworth over for dinner next week? We do not know exactly what night yet but I hope everything goes all right with the meal. I think we will fix a roast, carrots, potatoes and gravy. I'll make a lettuce salad and fix baked apples for dessert. I suppose we will play cards after dinner.
Our weather is pretty nice. It was 18 above this morning. A little snappy but the sun is shining and I imagine it will get warmer.
Lights are still out in some parts of town and many families with oil burners are suffering from the cold.
I'm glad you didn't take the dress shop. You probably wouldn't make much and it surely would tie you down.
More tomorrow.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading