Sunday, November 30, 2008

867 1/21/1948 Sadie Erwin to Helen Carlson

Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington
Wednesday, January 21, 1948
Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota

January 21st, 1948
Mrs. A. J. Erwin
Box 44
Enumclaw, Washington
My Dear Helen & All, - This will be just a few lines to let you know we have not forgotten you will have a birthday Saturday. I had fully intended to get you and Elmer something – but just never did. I am sending the money thinking you might use it toward something for the house. I know you will find so many things to buy. As soon as I can find time to wrap them I am sending two dish towels that were given to me at the Progressive Club’s Christmas party. They will look nice in your new kitchen.
Our weather has warmed up so I have the oil stove turned down real low. It has been grand having it during our cold spell.
Bensons got their new car late this afternoon. I have not seen it yet. It is a Ford.
I called Gladys this morning. She has been not feeling so good. She said she had come out of her problems quickly and felt quite O.K. again. She and Lois B___ are giving a dinner Sunday to about ten couples at Gladys’s house. Wish she would not try to do so much.
Cliff and Bernice Swain’s little girl passed away yesterday. She has not been well for sometime. I must find out in the A.M. when the funeral will be. Will send flowers. Mr. and Mrs. Ben Swain went to California before Thanksgiving. They came home last week on the child’s account. She would have been six in March.
A nice letter came from you Monday. Will answer it in a few days. Pop is getting some new teeth – upper and lower ones. His old ones are worn out. He has been to the dentist twice. His next trip his teeth will be ready for him.
Hope you have received my letter I wrote last week. Planes were grounded for a few days about the time I sent it.
Elmer’s birthday is past, but wish you a happy one, and that you both have many more.
Love to you all, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading