Monday, October 27, 2008

325 6/2/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Thursday, June 02, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
Another nice day. The temperature is 77°.
We spent yesterday afternoon out at the lake but couldn’t find anything we liked. I called up about a couple places today and may go out to see them tomorrow.
Cully went to work this morning. I wonder how he is getting along. I called Ad, Helen Brust, and Della. I want to see them soon. Ad said she wanted to do something for me and to let her know what night would be best for me.
Vi is having the club girls over a week from Monday so I can see them all again.
I still haven’t had a letter. Maybe you are awfully busy. I do hope you feel okay mother.
I didn’t write as much as I should on the trip but it really was hard to.
I’m going to write out the whole trip day by day and will send you a copy.
How are you coming with your June obligations? I hope okay. I also hope that I’ll be able to let you keep the $50.00 I lent you.
I darned socks today and mended and sewed on buttons. It won’t be long now and I’ll be wishing I could do my work on a typewriter. I’m getting lonesome for my old job already.
What do you want for your anniversary? Give me a few ideas. I can get you something quite nice.
What is Mrs. Schweikl’s sister Selma’s last name? I know what it is but can’t spell it. I want to send her a card or letter. It was so nice of her to give me the lunch set.
Well, I guess I’ll walk down to the drug store to get some stamps and mail this.
I hope to see Helen again tonight. Cully is going to practice ball at the Parade Grounds.
Love to you all,
Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading