Monday, October 27, 2008

323 5/30/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Monday, May 30, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
We arrived here last night. As soon as we had unloaded and ate a bite we looked up Helen. She looks swell and I had a nice visit with her. I want to see her again soon because we really do have a lot to talk about.

It seems perfectly natural to be back here and will be lots of fun for a while but I want to go back west as soon as possible.
Cully’s folks are grand. They seem awfully glad to see us and also are happy that we are married. All except Wally. He is sort of mad about it. He says that Cully shouldn’t be married for a long time.
The weather is real warm. I guess these last few weeks have been rather cool and they have had lots of rain. All the lakes are way up.
I hoped to get a letter from you. Maybe I will soon. Helen says she has saved the last few from you so I can read them.
I think it’s swell you are going down to Uncle Perry’s again. They are so nice and you can have a lot of fun there.
Just after we crossed the Minnesota line we had our only flat tire. I don’t think we could have had a nicer trip.
Cully is getting used to being called “Husband” and seems to like it more. I guess it takes time. He is going to be okay. He is telling everyone how nice Washington is and that it is the best state in the West.
More soon. Just wanted to let you know we arrive home safe.
How are you all?
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading