Wednesday, November 12, 2008

547 2/15/1944 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Hotel Guyon, 4000 Washington Blvd, Chicago, Illinois
Tuesday, February 15, 1944
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Just a note to say “hello”. We have lots of snow and has been quite cold. Today looks nice as the sun is shining but guess it is still cold. We have just a little over a month left. We are 1 point or ½ game out of 4th place. We must beat Boston out if we want to make the playoffs. With any luck at all it should be easy. We lost to them the other night when they scored just a couple seconds before the game ended.
Viola has been here since last Wednesday. She saw two hockey games and seemed to enjoy them. It is too long a stay though and I will be so glad to have her go this Thursday. Jeannie has been fussy as she has been cutting 4 teeth. I notice one is through this morning and she feels much better. Tomorrow morning Vi and I are going down to breakfast club and then go shopping. Cully gave me money for a Valentine so I can buy a new suit. I hope I can find something nice. I meant to send you something, mother, but didn’t get out to shop so will make up for it later. I wish I knew what you needed or wanted.
Ruthie and Johnny went to dancing class again yesterday. Those little kids sure are cute and do have a lot of fun.
Cully and I are invited out to dinner with some of the other hockey couples tomorrow night so we are going. Maybe it isn’t nice but Cully’s time at home is so short we almost have to go when we can. Maybe Vi can go to a show or something. Don’t suppose she will like the idea. Cully has only 2 weeks left in town, the rest of the time they will be on the road. Friday we are going to Humberstone,s and Saturday to Dunn’s – the people who visited at the cabin a year ago.
More soon. Cully and Ruthie just came in and I must fix them lunch.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading